Sorry - we are a bit behind with updating this page! Exact data for 2017 and 2018 has not been uploaded but ALL exam candidates have passed and the vast majority have been graded with 80% or higher.

In 2016 we had maintained our 100% pass rate and ALL candidates this year achieved a mark of Distinction, with marks of 85% or higher.

One student, who took both their Associate and Licentiate with us, left the following feedback:

Hi Emma, just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for getting me through my Associate and Licentiate exams. I am thrilled to have gained a Distinction in both and couldn't have done it without your help and advice. I would highly recommend your training courses to anyone looking to take their professional qualifications at any level. The courses and tutorials were both great and you were always on hand for help and support. Thanks again...hopefully I'll be back to do my Fellowship at some point in the future!!       Victoria-Louise Brown

In 2015, we had 21 candidates take their exams with us and again, ALL passed. Of this 21, we have had 18 Distinctions and 3 Merits. No candidates attained a bare pass or were unsuccessful in their exams.

See below for some stats and comments from previous years.

In 2013 and 2014, 100% of our Associate exam candidates passed their exams and 94% of these attained the top mark of Distinction. The remaining 6% received the second highest mark of Merit, with no candidates receiving less than this. We also had a few Licentiates and a Fellowship candidate who all attained the mark of Distinction too. 

Pre 2013, the IDTA had a different marking system (Honours, Highly Commend etc) but we have always maintained a 100% pass rate with all candidates attaining more than 80%.

Below are some of our 2013/14 candidates going in for their exams - more details and up to date photos are on our Facebook page 

What they say about the course...

"The course was so flexible around the time I felt I personally needed and my own availabilities. Emma was always contactable to answer my questions and her friendly and helpful nature meant I went into the exam feeling 100% prepared. No unnecessary time or money wasted and I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone who wants to take their next steps into dance teaching!"  Melissa Oliphant

"I believe the course was thoroughly well run and to a very high standard. The structure of the course worked well by having it over two days to make it easier, followed by a mock and tutorial a few months later. The course fees were manageable as you get a discount if you pay early or you can also pay in parts which is brilliant. I believe it was money well spent and I'm so happy I've completed it and I'm now a qualified dance teacher!  I want to thank Emma for her guidance and support throughout the course, couldn't have done it without her!" Zoe Bull

"I was very lucky to come across Emma's website. She is a fabulous teacher and has made every effort to help me out during the preparation for the exam. She also went out of her way to see me on a date that was convenient for me and has helped me greatly. The course was run in a well equipped venue and has given me a detailed breakdown of the preparation for the exam as well as what to expect on the day and even ideas for future career development. Itwas a worthy investment and I would most definitely sign up for another course with Emma!" Ramune Dauksaite

"IDTA Associate teacher training with Emma Weir was a valuable experience! The course was very professional with plenty of advice and guidance throughout. I was able to fit the course around my current work and Emma was on hand via phone or email if needed. I particularly appreciated how the course and coursework could be tailored to each dance teacher's work and background . There were good facilities at the venues and the price was good value in comparison with other providers."

Zelia Attzs

"I think the course was brilliant value for money! It was perfect for my lifestyle to do private lessons as I could go home and revise around my schedule and then book another lesson when I felt ready. Throughout my revision Emma was avaliable to offer help via email, often sending updates, information and ideas, which helped keep me motivated. The exam day itself ran smoothly and the facilities were excellent. I felt stress free as Emma took on the responsibility of organising times, examiners and locations. I would recommend Emma as a tutor and I hope to study for more of my exams with her." Jenna Murphy


Click on our 'Testimonials' page (above) for more comments from previous students.